Monday 29 January 2018

Four things tag

I've been tagged by Carissa from Musings of an Introvert.

Four jobs I've had:
1. PhD student/researcher
2. Administrative assistent (multiple times)
3. Bookstore employee (for exactly one week...)
4. Cleaning lady



Four things I don't eat:
1. Non-organic (or non-free range) meat: a few years ago I decided to take my own feelings about how animals are treated in the meat industry seriously and go organic-only
2. (Hardly any) tuna: I do really like tuna, but it's very much endangered by overfishing. So there are only a few brands, with a reliable sustainability story, that I do buy and then only once in a while
3. Spicy food: I'm very old-fashioned in this regard, I really don't like my food with more than a hint of spice!
4. Coffee: I've never gotten 'into' coffee, give me a fresh cup-of-tea any time of the day!

Four places I've lived:
1. Friesland, the Northernmost province of The Netherlands (two different homes)
2. Zeist, about the middle of The Netherlands (one building, 4 different rooms/appartments)
3. Ede, The Netherlands (a stint of a few weeks at a friend's house, when I was in-between rooms in Zeist)


Castle 'Slot Zeist' in my city of Zeist

Four of my favourite foods:
1. Chocolate! (one of my current favourite flavors is dark with a hint of seasalt)
2. Sushi (have to agree with Carissa on this one!)
3. Cheese (in many sorts and shapes, I always say: 'I could be a vegetarian if I chose to, but being vegan and missing cheese would be too hard')
4. Salmon (something I often order at restaurants)

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Dirty Dancing 
2. Lord of the Rings
3. You've got mail
4. First Knight (my absolute favourite movie as a teenager)

Four TV shows I watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Arrow
3. Call the Midwife (so happy the new season has started!)
4. Legends of Tomorrow



Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Getting myself a job....
2. Getting my driver's license (if only I can figure out how to drive on these busy big-city roundabouts...)
3. Maybe visiting a friend of mine in New York, where she and her husband are living for a year
4. Getting myself a new Medieval dress (somethings I promised myself I will do once I get a job)

Four things I can't live without (just focusing on the material here, because God, family and friends goes without saying)
1. Tea!
2. The internet (it's a sad truth, but haven't we all become so dependent on it...)
3. Books
4. My bike (it gets me everywhere and when I have a flat tire, I realize once again how much I need it for my daily live)

Four places I've visited:
1. Edinburgh, Scotland
2. York, England
3. Prague, Czech Republic
4. Rome, Italy

Four pet peeves:
1. People talking in the silence areas of the train (yes, we have silence areas in the train in The Netherlands and it can be heavenly for a good read. If people actually keep silent....)
2. People buying plastic bags in the supermarket (I always feel the urge to ask: 'How many of those bags do you have at home? You know you can re-use them?' I never do though...)
3. People not changing the toilet roll when the old one is empty
4. Certain spelling mistakes

Four things I wish I could do:
1. Call strangers without getting anxious (might come in handy for job searching)
2. Bake (I've always been much better at cooking than baking)
3. Sow (I'm a little bit jealous at my swordfighting friends who are able to make their own costumes)
4. Speed-read (would be great getting through ALL the books I want to read!)
I know I could learn to do 2. and 3., I just wish I had more of a natural inclination for it

Four subjects I studied at school:
1. Infection and Immunity
2. Genetics
3. Hormonal regulation
4. Scientific writing

Four things near me right now:
1. A cup of tea (obviously!)
2. A bar of chocolate (obviously!)
3. Two potted amaryllis bulbs
4. A magazine I was reading while my computer was updating


Wonderful brand of Dutch fair-trade chocolate. Also for sale on the West Coast of the USA, has any of you ever seen/bought this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment